Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Denver Surprise!


Since Karen and Tom were scheduled for about an hour layover in Denver on their way home today, I drove down to the airport and managed to talk United into giving me a gate pass to go down to see them (very nice United lady that I thanked profusely. They are allowed to do this, but discouraged from it).

I had sent Tom an email that I might be able to do this, but he hadn;t read it yet. So, they were both stunned that I was at the gate waiting for them. Remember when we all use to be able to do that?

So, I had a nice 40 minute visit with Karen and got to take her on walk to the bathroom. I was also able to deliver the new pig pillow, as the last one was worn out in DC. Karen looked great and sounded good too. Flight from DC to Denver went well and she seemed excited about getting home to see the boys.

For one last finale, I snapped this picture of the two of them in the airport just before they boarded the flight to Orange County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home