Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Big Day

I spent last night cramming for the test – studied the PMP web sites to re-familiarize myself with the surgery, potential complications, vocabulary, abdominal organs, and equipment and procedures. You know, just in case I get called up and need to help in the O.R.

Praise God that today went about as well as possible. My assistance wasn't needed.

First words of encouragement were that she would get a full cyto-reduction, next came the news she was getting her first of five chemotherapies today, third was that she wouldn’t have a Ostomy bag, and lastly, when she squeezed my finger tonight I was about as happy as I could be. She nodded her head at my dumb jokes - just to make me smile.

I've appreciated your prayers, thoughts, calls, emails, and words of encouragement. (Ann has passed them on).

Good night.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home