Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday, Dec. 17th

Hi Everyone!
It's Saturday and the boys are at their last soccer games of the year. Unfortunately, I don't feel well enough to attend. I'm still experiencing stomach cramps and they're driving me absolutely crazy. My Mom has a theory. I have been using some estrogen patches to deal with the menopause that I'm going through. One of the side effects (we learned from reading the literature this morning) is abdominal cramping. So, I decided to take the patch off and see if it helps. I would rather feel grumpy than crampy!! I hope that is all it is, and I can get back to eating again! I feel as though I've taken ten steps backward and am feeling very frustrated. You have all been so supportive, I can't thank you enough.
I have only been on a few outings - mostly doctor's appointments. I got my stitches removed Tuesday - YEAH! I went to my oncologist yesterday, and they gave me a shot (procrit) because I'm still a little anemic. The most fun outing was when I went to Tucker's class yesterday to view the gingerbread village that he and his friends worked all week on. The village was really amazing and some of it came home with us. It tired me out and I came home and immediately took a nap.
Tom is in BG to attend his grandmother's memorial service. I believe she lived to be 96 years old. We feel fortunate that we were able to visit her last August before she passed. The boys miss him and so do I. Please pray for safe traveling for him and his family. He'll be home Monday night.
In addition to that prayer request, I would like to add that I would like for you to pray for my cramping to stop. Once that happens, I think I can make more progress again. Also, pray for my parents who are doing such a great job of taking care of me and the boys. It isn't easy and they have managed with great grace and love.
Don't be afraid to call. Hopefully this cramping will stop and I'll be up to more visitors and more outings!!

With lots of love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home