Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

First Round of Chemo

Hi Everyone,
Well, my first round of chemo, so far, has gone well. I didn't experience any side effects while I was there. It took about 3 hours after the infusion started to complete. This was faster than expected, so I was pleased. I had a nice visit from a friend who brought my the funniest slippers to wear. I wanted to put them on immediately, because they made me, and some of the other patients, smile!

Since I've been home, I have been pretty tired, have a headache and have experienced a little nausea. The nausea is usually taken care of with crackers, so I haven't felt the need to take medication - yet. My understanding of the chemo treatments is that with each treatment, the side effects can get worse. So, I'm happy that I have experienced very few.

Thank you for all of your prayers, emails and phone calls. The support really helps me, as you know by now!

That's it for now. Tom will be adding his special way of interpreting today's events. Stay tuned.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home