Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Feeling yucky!

Hi.
As I said before, the first chemo treatment went really well on Thursday. On Friday afternoon, I received a shot, called neulasta, to help keep my white cells up. This shot has made me feel awful! I have amazing muscle aches, headache, and some nausea. I feel like I have the flu. Every muscle is sore - like I've had a very intense work out. So, I spent most of yesterday in bed. I have a feeling that today will be very similar. These side effects are common with this shot. This shot is necessary because it will prevent a drop in white cells, resulting in a high fever. I experienced this in the hospital and don't care to repeat it. So, the shot is necessary. However, it makes me feel like crap. I don't like feeling this way and it makes me crabby. I indulged in a pitty party for myself yesterday!!! It was fun, but I hopefully won't get stuck in it.

So, there's the latest. This is definitely no fun.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home