Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Having fun

Hi Friends,
I just wanted to let you know that I've been feeling pretty good lately. I got my hair cut and styled today in preparation for our family trip to Henderson this weekend. Tom and I have the very good fortune to be able to attend a Ricky Martin concert in Las Vegas, with our good friends, Dave and Julie. I won't be able to shake my "bonbon" like I once did, but will certainly enjoy the view and music. I think Tom is just putting up with it. It'll be so great to visit with good friends, as well.

My next chemo treatment will be on Monday -right after I get back. It will be interesting to see what side effects might occur this time. It was hard to determine last time, since the shot presented some side effects of its own. I won't have to get that shot this time, so I'll get a clearer picture of the chemo side effects.

The kids are doing great. We all miss Bumpa and Grandma, but it's nice to have our nuclear family back in tact. It also forces me back into my life, which is a great thing. My parents were so helpful, that I was getting pretty spoiled and lazy!

So, have a great weekend and I'll let you know how Ricky looks!

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home