Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How am I feeling?

Hi Friends,
This has been a common question lately - how are you feeling? Well, overall, I'm feeling just okay. Which is way better than it could be!! I'm tired and have moments of nausea. I have been able to run errands and such, but usually come back tired. I want to thank everyone who has helped bring meals for my family. This is helping so much right now. You all know that cooking isn't my strongest talent, so it's such a relief not to worry about "what to make for dinner". This time around in my chemo treatment (no.2), I'm feeling more of the cold sensitivity (neuropathy). My throat hurts if I eat or drink anything cold. It's so strange. I tried to eat an ice cream sandwich the other night, and had to warm it up in my mouth before I could swallow it. It took the joy right out of eating it!! And my fingers tingle when I handle cold objects (mostly out of the refrigerator) too long. This is supposed to be a common side effect and will last for a while. Yuck. But, overall, the experience could be worse, so I try not to complain too much.

I had such a fabulous time in Vegas with our good friends. You may know a lot about it from Tom's view (scroll down to his account, if you haven't already read it). He's pretty accurate. I do, however, want to add my two bits about Ricky Martin. I fully expected a evening full of eye candy, watching him perform. He's such a great performer and entertainer. I am biased, but I really enjoy his music. He performed a lot from his new album and some fun spanish songs. I didn't have to understand the words to enjoy it! The light show was great and his band was phenomenal. I can't believe I actually made it through it all. He had a great combination of his upbeat songs and slow songs. I was able to sit and rest during the slow ones. He ended his performance with a call for peace in our communities and world. It was really nice. Ahhh.

Well, that's it for now. Unfortunately, I have not been to a jazzercise class lately. Hudson has been sick, and now I'm too tired from the chemo. But, I will be back to it soon - hopefully by the end of this week.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home