Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A good week

Hi Friends,
Hi! I just wanted you all to know that it has been a good week. I have attended several jazzercise classes and have actually made it through the whole class! I'm totally excited about that. It's really amazing the difference in how I feel this week from how I felt last week. That chemo really does a number on you. My energy level is so much better. Still not 100%, but definitely better.
I have come to the realization that my life is not going to be what I want it to be, right now. And I'm not going to feel the way I want to feel. It's been a hard pill to swallow, but I'm slowly accepting my situation. I'm truly amazed at the other chemo patients who seem to have good attitudes. I met one man last week that went golfing with his grandson after his chemo. Amazing. Each chemo drug has different side effects and different time frames when the side effects show up. Maybe his showed up later! I don't know. I still think it's amazing.
I am getting ready for a great weekend with my yaya girlfriends. I hope I can keep up just a little bit. So, shopping, good food and great company are in store for me.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home