Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Round 3 is done!

Hi.
Well, round 3 of my chemo is done. It went well, though I was emotionally drained. I really hate to go there. The doctors, nurses, nursing assistants, and front desk personnel are really terrific. Everyone is sooooo nice. I just hate to go. I started out the treatment in tears. The other patients were so kind to try and cheer me up. Then an amazing thing happened. A good friend left me a gift there. It was a dancing and singing red gorilla, for Valentine's Day. That gift couldn't have been more perfect. I played with it, and the other patients enjoyed it as well. I still teared up throughout the morning, but just had to look at my gorilla and knew that I am blessed by such great friends and even strangers, who pray for me.

I feel pretty good today, but I know that starting tomorrow, I will start to feel the real fatigue and nausea. The tingling in my fingers has already started (couldn't peel a orange for my son last night)! Tom's parents and youngest brother are here and are helping out quite a bit. I'm so lucky.

Well, I'm doing my laundry now, while I feel decent. So, I better get back to it. Thanks again, to everyone out there who are praying. Going through chemo is really the pits, but I'll make it.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home