Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My First Follow Up Appointment

Good News Everyone!

I saw Dr. Dreisbach today for my first post-chemo visit. I've been done with chemo for a month now. In the mean time, I've had my blood work done (CEA and liver tests) and my first CT scan since "the surgery". My CEA (a cancer antigen) was normal and so was my CT scan (other than my missing parts)!!! This is such great news, I can't even tell you. Tom and I expected to hear this news, because we know we've done everything possible to beat this cancer. But STILL, it was good to hear. My liver tests showed some inflammation, but that is a pretty typical finding, after chemotherapy. We will follow up every 3 months for blood work and every 6 months for CT scan.

How am I feeling, do you ask? Better and better. It's been a slower process than I thought (of course - I want everything NOW), but my energy is coming back. I'm starting to teach some routines in my Jazzercise class, and it feels so GREAT to be back on stage again. I can't do a whole class yet, but am working hard on it!!

I had my hair colored (for the first time since Oct. 2005) and cut today. I feel great about it. It's like I'm getting back to normal. I love the way it looks. Soooooo, things are going great at the Pendleton house. Ain't it great to say that? It's about time - after 8 months of big change.

Anyway, thanks to you all - AGAIN! Your prayers have helped me mend and heal. Only God know what's in the future, so I can't worry too much about it. I only hope that I can keep the lessons I've learned in the forefront of my mind and heart. For example.......1. God loves us and wants us to serve 2. Don't waste any moments in your life on trivial things 3. Prayer works 4. Ask for help when you need it - there are so many loving people who really love to help others 5. Persevere. There are so many others.

Peace be with you all.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home