Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Chemo #11

HI Friends,
I'm done with chemo #11. So far, I'm doing okay. The neuropathy (tingling/cold sensitivity) in my toes and feet have worsened. I expressed my concern to my doctor and he said, if I wanted to, I could skip my last chemo treatment if I felt the neuropathy was too bad. Apparently there's a possibility that the neuropathy can stay permanent if the symptoms get bad enough. I really don't want that to happen. So, I'm in a quandary, really. I don't want permanent neuropathy, but it feel weird about not finishing all the rounds of chemo. I'm not sure how I feel about it. My doctor is in the business of curing cancer, so I'm sure he wouldn't have suggested stopping the chemo if he thought it would harm me. So, I could use some prayers to help me decide what to do.

School is out and the boys are very active. Fortunately, they are attending Summer Spectacular at Southwest Community Church this week. I can't wait to hear what it's like. I am not volunteering, for the first time in 3 years. I miss it, but knew that I would be rather unreliable. Tom, of course, is participating as Captain Smirk. This will be Hudson's first year to experience all of the venues of the program. I can't wait to hear what he thinks. Pastor H does such a great job reaching the children. They had 800+ kids already registered. So, this might be a record breaking year for attendance!

Well, that 's if for now. I'm really tired of the chemo treatments. I'm surprised at my reaction, since I'm almost done. I thought I would be more excited about being so close to finishing. But all I can think about is how tired I am of being tired!

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home