Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Chemo #8 finished!

Hello Friends,
Well, chemo #8 is coursing through my veins as I type. Kind of a weird thought. It's done, though and I'm in the feeling "icky" - Tom's word - phase of it all. I only have 4 more to go. I love saying that! It doesn't sound like many more, and I'm so grateful because this is getting tiring. Not tiring in feeling fatigued, but tiring in the sense that I'm tired of dealing with it. I get tired of organizing my schedule around the "good" days. I suppose I should feel grateful for those good days. Most of the time, I do. I long for the days when my energy was up and I didn't have to plan my days so carefully. The kids will be out of school soon, so getting the chemo then will be tricky. Fortunately, I'll only need about 2 treatments when they're out. Then I'll be done - in July!! I wonder how long the chemo will hang out in my system? A question to ask my good doctor. I still feel good about my decision to go ahead and do the chemo. I want to be as aggressive as I can with this cancer. I still pray to God that it will be gone forever - complete healing.

Things are going pretty well, overall. My sister came out for a visit, which was so very lovely! We treated ourselves to a wonderful pedicure and massage. She had never had a pedicure before, and I think I got her hooked on them. I know the feeling! She went all out and got a little rhinestone flower put on her toes. It's only 60 degrees in Colorado, where she lives, but she's wearing sandals today!! She felt the need to come see me and I'm so grateful - thank you Mike, Amy and Austin! I also took her to Starbucks for her first time. I know - can you imagine? I introduced her to the wonders of Chai Tea. She called me this morning to tell me that she had gone to Starbucks with her boss and had another one. Maybe I got her hooked on that too?!

Well, that's it for now. Tom should be blogging again soon, as well. You know, he has sooooo much to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home