Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thanks

Hi Friends,
It's been 4 days since my last chemo and I'm doing okay. Afternoon naps help and of course, the wonderful meal support that I'm receiving from good friends from the MOMS club. If you don't know anything about the MOMS club, check it out. It's a nonprofit organization for mothers who decide to stay at home with their kids. They organize play groups, activities, parties and evenings out for the mothers. I've been a member for 8 years! Here's a website
http://laquintaindiomoms.tripod.com/who.html There are other local chapters as well.

So much for my MOMS Club commerial. They have supported me so much through this adventure of mine!

I've also received so much from my Jazzercise family. Thanks for the meals, and to the fabulous instructors who are teaching classes for me. A very special thanks to my students who are hanging in there for me. I miss teaching and hope to be back at it by mid - July. I'm trying to get back in shape, though it's difficult.

I've also received so much help from my church family and small group bible study. They have lifted me up in prayer and it helps me so much. I've cried with them and their prayer and emotional support has shed light on a difficult situation. I know that Tom also appreciates our church family.

Another place where I receive support is through the Gilda's club in Cathedral City. It's a wondeful organization that provides support groups, social activities and informative speakers for cancer patients and their friends and family. Here's the website. http://www.gildasclubdesertcities.org/

If I'm sounding like a commercial, forgive me. What has brought all of this on, you ask? Well, in talking with a friend, who has been newly diagnosed with cancer, it brought to mind all of the wonderful support and love that I've received throughout this ordeal. I haven't even mentioned my family, neighbors (Linda - who gives me flowers near my chemo days) and my friends at the Pendleton Foundation. Anyway, I feel that it's hard to fight this disease alone. Tom and I tried, at first. It's so much easier to let people help you.

So, once again I'm feeling very grateful and have a full heart. I don't know how to thank everyone.

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home