Karen's Page

Welcome to Karen's Page, a web page intended to keep Karen's family and friends informed about her cancer. Karen, age 40, has a rare form of cancer called Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. She and her husband Tom have 2 children ages 4 and 7.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Getting ready for #9

Hi Everyone,
I bet you're wondering, "where has Tom been?" Well, if you are, here's the scoop. Tom installed a roof fan on our house a few weeks ago. He wasn't happy with the volume of noise it created, so in trying to fix the problem, he got in the way of the fan and it sliced through his finger nail and down to the bone. The tip did not come off. Off to the urgent care he went for xrays and one stitch. So, typing has been a little painful for him for a while. He was just about to return to blogging, but now he's sick with a sore throat. So, maybe I can convince him to blog while he is convalescing. I'm sure you are anxious to hear what else happened on spring break - weeks ago!

I receive #9 chemo this Friday. These past two treatments have been affecting more with nausea and tiredness. The neuropathy (cold sensitivity and tingling fingers) isn't as bad as it was. I mainly have the tingling sensation and a little cold sensitivity. My throat still reacts to cold things, though. Bummer. I really miss ice cream! It's one of my favorite desserts and I can't wait to have some!!! Ahh, I'll just have to wait until July. Thank you to all who have provided meals for me and my family. It really helps me so much.

I'm excited as the Pendleton foundation continues to take shape and get ready for our fund raiser on December 14th. I really hope this foundation will always remain in the future. It would be nice for something really awesome to come out of my experience. We have so many wonderful people working on it. I'm very blessed to have such quality people be interested in an unusual cause - rare cancer support.

Well, I hope everyone is well. I am feeling pretty good about how things are going. I can't believe I will be done in July!! I've been asked what I have to do next, after the chemo is over. Nothing!!! Not really - I have to have CT scans and blood work drawn periodically to make sure the cancer is gone.

That's it for now!!

Love,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home